Tuesday, March 1, 2011

birthdays ---> paintings!!!





In memory of-


my school days: It was my birthday and my best friend sruthi gifted me a BIG chocolate in this heart shaped pack. Yeah it's a chocolate pack! That was the best gift anyone could give me and I was desperate to do something special for her. So after a week I came up with the idea of making a painting, inserting it inside that, sort of like a framed picture and gifted her. That was almost 7 and 1/2 years before.

We are still in touch and manage to meet once in a while. Last year it was my turn to go there and I was really surprised to see the only thing hanging on her wall except for the calendar and clock was my gift!




college days: It was my 20th birthday. And the last days of our college. So few of my friends decided to come over to my place and celebrate this. Mum and dad had left for work and we had the whole place for ourself. And we had a blast literally because I managed to keep some crackers from vishu celebration. But thats not the point this glass frame was gifted to me on the same day by one of my admirers!

I was just exaggerating the so called friend had a small crush on me and no it was not a secret. He gifted me this and on it were the wordings: "life is a flower and love is the nectar". My mum just hated it and wanted to throw it out. Now now that was sweet bird on a lovely flower I couldn't let her do that. She hid it from me for a few years and last year again on my birthday my new friends gifted me glass paints and another idea came up in my mind what if I just paint this and completly hide the wordings! My mum agreed and the result was this-
This was my first attempt at glass painting-

2nd attempt
and the 3rd but not the last!
The following painting was completed by courtesy of my friend Polo (for the background from her calender - ours/the april-march pg), Mango, debo, aashi, teddy (f ) (for the glass paint gifted), my roomie (for the water paints gifted) and teddy (m) for the support. :P

3 comments:

Amropali said...

Finally, the blog!!
:D

You already know my comments on the paintings.

MLC said...

nice touch with the brush...acchi painting karti ho ji...

Ann said...

@mango: i thnk i noeee...
@Mlc:thank u jiii... :)